Thursday 5 August 2010

"Meet" by Liu Ke

遇见

I hear Winter's depart
I'm in a certain year, a certain month, waking up
I think about us, I look forward to the future yet I must not plan

A cloudy sky in the evening, outside the car window I will have a person waiting for me
Left, right, forward looking
Love demands to turn in several directions, before it comes

Who will I meet? What kind of dialogue will we have?
I'll wait on that person
How far in the future is he?
I hear the wind coming from the subway mixed with huge crowds
I line up with the group, holding my love's number on a card

Before I fly, fly for some time over the ocean
We are often in love's injury
I see the path, the entrance to a dream
I meet you, the most unexpected beauty
In the end, one day, my riddle will be undone.
(Translated by Laura D)

No comments:

Post a Comment