Tuesday 15 December 2009

"Give Myself a Future" by Fish Leong

"给未来的自己" by 梁静茹

Standing on a windy rooftop, looking as far as the eye can see
This is a lonely city
The sky joins with the top of tall buildings
Who searches open lands for freedom?

Sunshine covers all, at this moment I am calm
Isolated from the indifferent
The flow of an endless stream of people wandering the street
Who can hear the lonely?

Looking for a sympathetic person, looking for a soulmate
In this universe I am unique and no one can replace me

No matter how,
How metropolis hurts
And hurts again, at least I am strong, I am magnanimous

Night is enveloped by a glittery sea
How many people, how many kinds of frustration,
in the light of stars forget yesterday's hurt?
Still to awake to expectations

I won't give up love's courage, I won't doubt I can be sincere
I want to hold onto the most beautiful dream of having a future for myself

Day by day by day, adhering to the belief
I will remember my appearance of today

There is a sympathetic person, there is a soulmate
Abandoning the past, I want to go search for a future for myself

No matter how,
How metropolis hurts
And hurts again, at least I am strong, I am magnanimous

Your future
Can understand my madness

(Translated by Laura D)

No comments:

Post a Comment